Friday, December 30, 2011

A New Leaf for a New Year

As we enter 2012, I am compelled to write about the 2 things that mean so much to me - Healthy Lifestyles and Following your bliss (for me, it's Musical Theatre)

As Moms, we can easily find ourselves being last on a long to do list - this blog will be for me to remind myself of my 2 passions and how to incorporate them into my Full Time job of being Mama and Wife. Hopefully, it will inspire you to also follow your bliss, whatever that is.

Tomorrow is the last day of 2011 and I am excited to start off 2012 with a new sense of purpose and joy.  2011 has been an amazing year for me professionally and personally.  I was given many chances to star in dream roles onstage,was nominated for and won some pretty significant awards and became an Actors Equity Member (something I've been working toward for 30 years).

Personally, I grew so much as a mom and a wife.  I had promised myself a year with no poultry or red meat and no dairy.  I have been about 95% successful.  While I still ate some fish, I ate very little and found that by not eating meat or dairy, I was filling my plate with so many things that were good for me - some of my staples being quinoa, kale, beans, lentils, hummus, whole grain breads/pastas, brown rice...I have fallen in love with Kale...I mean, I really LOVE it!  I eat it all the time and never get sick of it.  My husband and 7 year old love it too!

It helps that I have trained my taste buds to love these foods and that I went back to school to learn about nutrition (after my 3rd daughter was born) I feel like I have all of this knowledge now and I'm not using it - so this is the reason for this blog. I'm hoping that other busy moms, in the know and not so much in the know, will find this an inspiration to feed themselves and their families well and to see that it can be done (on a budget of both money and time!)

Happy New Year - I am excited to see what comes of this - get ready for some love (both thru food ideas and the joy I will share as a performer!)

Click here to like me on Facebook www.facebook.com/KristinTowersRowles

Healthy Drama Mama 

No comments:

Post a Comment